Why do I need a concealed carry license?

Only a few states allow you to carry a weapon or a gun concealed without a permit or license. Most states require some form of license to carry a weapon. The requirements vary dramatically from state to state so be sure you abide by the law of which ever state you happen to be a resident of or are traveling in.

If I live in Oregon, why do I need a Utah license?

The Oregon CHL (Concealed Handgun License) is not recognized in Washington State, but the Utah CFP (Concealed Firearms Permit) is. Oregon’s CHL is recognized by approximately 22 other states but Utah’s CFP is recognized by 35+ states. Oregon does not recognize anybody’s permit except Oregon. Please note this is subject to change so please verify that the permit you have is recognized by the state you will be in at the time you will be there.

Why would I need a Arizona license?

Arizona is what we call a constitutional carry state.  The State of Arizona is one of the few that does not require you to have a permit to carry concealed in their state.  The Arizona permit gives you New Mexico that the Utah and Oregon do not and it gives you extra privileges if you visit Arizona.

How do I get my permits?

You must attend a handgun safety class taught by a certified instructor to acquire any of the above licenses. The specific requirements for application vary by state. To acquire the Utah CFP you must take the Utah class from a Utah Certified Instructor.  Most instructors are not Utah certified.

Do I have to go to Utah to get the Utah license?

No, you can make your application by mail. You need the state application completed by you and stamped and signed by your instructor (who must be certified by Utah), fingerprints, a passport photo and a copy of your photo ID.  For a small additional charge, we will do your fingerprints and photo at class so when you leave us you have a complete packet ready to mail to Utah.

How do I sign up for a class?

You can sign up on our “Class Schedule” web page. Choose the class you want and then you can use your credit card. You can also mail a check to us prior to the class. See our “Contact Us” page for the information you need. You are considered registered when your payment is received. We have the classes listed 6 different ways – Oregon only, Utah only and various combinations to satisfy what you need. There is a discount if you do Oregon & Utah in one class. We have found most people who do only Oregon come back for the Utah at a later date.

I want to organize my own class, is that possible?

Yes. If you have a group that wants a class we will come to your location if you have a minimum of 10 paid students and the class is within 40 miles of Hillsboro. If your class is outside that area, give us a call and we will work out something with you. We may need more students to pay for the added expenses. If you organize such a class, your class is free. You will need a large room to accommodate this.

What other classes do you offer?

We do one on one live fire training.  Send us an email to schedule the one on one. Check the website and our facebook page (facebook.com/BlackstoneGunSafety) for announcements about other classes.  Facebook is where we publish special announcements and special offers. We recommend you follow us on Facebook.